Customers that currently use esendex.net to send messages will find the following information useful. Please note @esendex.net is not compatible with Echo for Email.
To establish an outbound SMS facility for Exchange 2000 and 2003 clients, you can create an SMTP Connector for the Messenger service.
- Open Exchange System Manager
- Right click on Connectors and select New > SMTP Connector
- Name: Esendex Messenger
- Check Forward all mail through this connector to the following smart hosts, and enter ems.esendex.net
- Add the required bridgeheads
- Click on the Address Space tab
- Add a new Address Space – Type: SMTP, E-mail domain: esendex.net
The easiest way to authenticate is to use SMTP Authentication. Follow the steps below to do this.
(Please note that if you don’t supply the SMTP Authentication information, you will need to provide Reverse Path information to Esendex in order to authenticate email from your server.)
- Click on the Advanced Tab
- Click on Outbound Security
- Check Basic Authentication
- Click Modify – User: <Account Reference>\<Username>, Password: your API password, click OK
- Click OK
- Click OK
Users can now send messages to <MobileNumber>@esendex.net for text SMS or <MobileNumber>@voice.esendex.net for voice SMS.
You can control the users who make use of this service using the Delivery Restrictions tab of the connector properties dialog.